Not all hand sanitizer is created equal

For a long time now I have been using hand sanitizer to clean almost everything, mostly wood but I have left Acrylic in sanitizer for weeks with no issues except that all the masking fell off and floated away. There was no damage to the acrylic.
Just now I tried to do so again and the masking fell right off however the acrylic was severely damaged. As the need has increased I increased the size of the bottle from half-pint to gallons, but the formula is obviously different in the volume quantities.

1 Like

Good to know. (Of course no one has any hand sanitizer available these days, but that will change one day.) :smile:

3 Likes

I probably have a couple liters left in total but apparently can’t use it on acrylic.

If it eats through acrylic I’m not sure I’d want to use it on my hands either! :grimacing:

2 Likes

It also depends on the acrylic. I did a test recently comparing extruded with cast acrylic and the extruded was much more sensitive to alcohol and acetone.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure it was cast that I tried.

1 Like

Guarantee that you can sell it for the original cost right now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.