Not cutting all the way through

So, the other day I was using my laser and it was okay. Today, i am trying to cut harry potter like I normally cut and settings speed 150, full power on PG cut. Normally 1-2 pass i’m okay.

I am using same settings, i tried on nonproofgrade material and proofgrade material and still not cutting all the way through after 2 pass— twice.

I cleaned the lens everything. The material is flat everything.

I don’t think i’m doing something wrong cus it was just working the other day.

Also before I start cutting, the machine wouldnt run away, it would say cooling down first.

Please advice! Thanks

There are 5 places to clean - so just double checking you followed all the steps here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning (depending on what you cut your amount of build-up can be significantly more)

What is the temperature in your house - and if you’re venting, what’s the temp outside?

1 Like

I just normally cut 1/8 wood. Inside it’s 70s outside it was hot so I decided to stop using it cus I thought it could be the problem.

Then again right now it’s 70s, it’s night time

I honestly dont know what to do. I am trying to cut right now, i am doing 2 pass and hoping it would cut all the way through

Just always have to ask after someone cleans the lenses, did you check to make sure the lens was put back in correctly? I’ve done it wrong a time or two.

4 Likes

@glowgirl I’m so sorry your prints didn’t turn out as expected.

Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Can I have you check a few more things as well? If you see a step you’ve already done, just let me know that you skipped it.

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The 45 degree mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.