Not cutting straight lines

My Glowforge isn’t cutting straight lines. Any ideas how to fix it? I recently adjusted one of the belts because it wasn’t engraving with clean edges.

That looks cyclical. Check your belts and rails for debris that could be causing the bumps.

1 Like

Just about the circumference of those wheels on the head travel, given also that there have been a few recent cases of those wheels breaking from perhaps a bad batch.

1 Like

I don’t see anything blocking it but it isn’t moving smoothly back and forth

I would examine the carriage wheels, there has been a rash of broken ones as @rbtdanforth pointed out.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’d like to take a look at an image of a specific component from inside of your Glowforge.

When you have a moment, could you please follow the instructions here for removing the Carriage Plate from underneath your Laser Arm, and send over a photo similar to the one below?:

Once we can review this photo, we’ll send over the next best steps.

I don’t know if I took it off wrong but the two front wheels are broken. How do I go about getting new ones?

15936991411854930087590725788949|375x500

They will send new ones. Probably continue to work with you by email.

I’m so sorry for the trouble. I’m going to send you a new pair of those wheels right away.

I’ve just sent you an email to sort out the details.

I’m going to close this thread.