Not cutting the further right I go

I have been cutting several different designs on a variety of materials. It seems that the laser doesn’t cut as strongly on the further right side of the cut area? I can have designs laid out in a horizontal row across the bed and the further right you go, the less likely it is to actually go all the way through. Often my designs on the far right are almost through but not enough that I can just pop it out.

I make sure to set the material height, and the material isn’t bowed or anything. Also use set focus before every cut just to be sure. Still doesn’t solve it!

Any suggestions for what to try next are appreciated :slight_smile:

When mine gets to not cutting far right, I usually find it needs the lens cleaned on the far left of the GF…

3 Likes

Exactly this. Because far right is the farthest the path has to travel it’s the first to get weaker when the lenses get dirty. There are 5 areas that need wiping - full instructions with pictures at support.glowforge.com under “Things that need wiping”

2 Likes

Hi @cj.s.kappel. I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into some issues with prints not completely cutting through material towards the right part of the print bed with recent prints. I see some fellow owners were able to offer some great advice and information, and I will be happy to join the discussion and help troubleshoot this.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Some of this may have already been seen and completed , but just in case, please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings. (Feel free to place the design towards the area where you notice the most cut trouble)

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

I can review any results and decide on any next best steps from there. Thank you!

Thanks everyone! Cleaning everything now and then I’ll try a test cut!

Cleaning everything fixed it! There was some light residue on the lenses, I’ve been cutting quite a bit of wood lately so I will just remember to clean the lenses more often :slight_smile:
Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Hi @cj.s.kappel. That’s great news! Thank you for following up to let everyone know the cleaning advice was able to help you get this resolved. I’ll go ahead and close the thread, but feel free to create a new thread if you run into any other trouble. We’ll be here and happy to help. Happy printing!