Not cutting through 1/8" on full power

I’m having to double pass all of my 1/8" draftboard just to get it to go through. I’m using pins to keep it level. What else can I try?

There is a long list. Cleaning lenses including the ones that are hiding. Making sure the main lens is “cup side up”. Using a slower speed, Checking the thickness of the draftboard (it can absorb water from humidity and get thicker than originally and the water takes more energy to cut through)

That would be a start.

1 Like

You could also look at the troubleshooting guide.

Click on Support, Troubleshooting, Cut Didn’t Go Through Material

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’d like to have you perform a specific test print to ensure your Glowforge is performing within specification.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  5. Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
  1. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Also, I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, and review the log files from the test print, we’ll follow up with next steps.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 11.57.59 AM

printed Sunday October 4th, 11:54am Eastern Daylight Time.

Hello,

I’m going to move this ticket to email because I need to ask for some more information. I’ll close this topic in order to avoid duplicate communication. Please look out for an email in just a few minutes!