Not cutting through ANYTHING

I’m so frustrated. Some days my machine cuts all the way through and other days I have to cross my fingers in hopes I didn’t just waste my material! This is frustrating!

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in this section, so they’ll be along soon. They’ll probably want to look at front and back photos of a Gift of Good Measure, cut on PG material using the default PG settings, so they can have a better idea of what’s going on.

Meanwhile, here’s the official troubleshooting list for “not cutting through:”

1 Like

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

Could you reply with some photos of your most recent prints that didn’t cut through as expected?

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.