Not cutting through material again

My Device was just replaced in October and now this one is having issues. It is not cutting through material. Everything is clean and in working order. It was just working, I’ve tried adjusting the height to various different depths although this wasn’t an issue before.

You’re going to want to cut the Gift of Good Measure on a piece of proofgrade and post photos of the front and back and the time you did it.

Also, be very sure you’ve gone through all the cleaning steps at support.glowforge.com - seriously more than half the time it’s that something got missed.

2 Likes

Changing the height (which changes the focus point) is not going to be helpful. As already suggested, print on Proofgrade material using proofgrade settings.

1 Like

Hi @leolisa1990. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into some trouble cutting through material on a replacement Glowforge. I’m always happy to see fellow Glowforge owners like @deirdrebeth and @dklgood offer advice, and I’ll be happy to help you get back to printing without trouble.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

I’ll look forward to the results. Thank you!

Same thing is happening to me, just differnt issues. Seems like they replace their machines with refurbished ones that are more problems than the ones we had before. SO FRUSTRATING!

I don’t believe your assumption about refurbished machines is correct. Also, aren’t you getting an Epilog and leaving the Glowforge behind? Finally, your post is not intended to help the original poster which is the point of the forum.

If you are having continued problems with your Glowforge, post in your own support thread so your issues can be addressed.

1 Like

It’s been some time since we’ve heard from you @leolisa1990 . Are you still experiencing trouble cutting through materials?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.