Not cutting through on left side of tray

Hello! I’ve had my Glowforge since November and have not experienced anything like this before.

My gf will not cut all the way through on the left side of the bed.
Circled in photo. It started last night 3/24 around 7pm pst.
Tried a new file today (around 7pm pst) and it did the same exact thing. Even did two passes and wouldn’t cut through. The photo of the back is after two passes.

My forge is clean, all lenses clean, material pinned down, honey comb flat, everything double checked. Material is the hd Columbia first maple which I have cut probably 250+ sheets of before. Not a new batch pulled from stuff that’s cut fine before.

Support will likely want you to print a Gift of Good Measure on PG medium draftboard over in your problem area, and show photos of the front and back. It might save some time if you went ahead and got that done now, before they get here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it warped at all, I’ve found lately that if it has a slight warp it does that.

No. Completely flat and pinned also just out of habit

Yea I’ll run it in a bit.

1 Like

:confused:

Did the draftboard cut through without any problems there? If so you might just have a bad sheet of that material, try another one. (Manufactured materials are not always consistent, even in the same batch.)

No, the draft board did not cut all the way through on the problem area

And it’s been on every single sheet I’ve cut for three days. Same area.
Flipped the board over, and the side that cut on the right won’t cut on the left

Bummer! Well, support’s going to need to look at it then. Sorry.

1 Like

Yea. I emailed them yesterday. Just waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

You also opened a ticket with support by posting here. They’ll combine them after taking the time to locate them, close this thread and continue with you by email.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into!

I see you also emailed us and I’ve just followed up there, so I’m going to close this thread.