Not cutting through on right side of cutting area and poor engraving

Same as other users have experienced before: Since day one, my Glowforge does not cut all the way through on the right side of the cutting area. After about 2/3 going to the right it fades out and on the far right it is short about 1/16 of an inch. I already checked and cleaned everything multiple times. I was running the recalibration this morning, but still the same problem. So as of now, I can only use 2/3 of the cutting area which is really frustrating :frowning:

Have you contacted GF about the issue. They may offer you a replacement.

3 Likes

Not yet. What’s the best way to contact them?

1 Like

You can use this: support@glowforge.com
Or: 1 (855) 338- 2122

Remember you may not hear back from anyone immediately since it is Christmas eve.

4 Likes

That sounds like a mirror which is out of alignment. As the print head moves further to the right, less and less of the laser beam reaches the window on the side of the print head since it’s not aimed correctly. The mirror responsible for this is not user-accessible, and can be knocked out of alignment by dropping the box too hard during shipping. It’s something that would be fixed by replacing the machine, not something you should try to live with.

6 Likes

You say you’ve cleaned, but unless this is a brand new machine then it’s the window under the bottom left edge 90% of the time.
Post a photo of it, and we can take a look.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.