Not cutting through PG material

I have wasted so much money on Proofgrade material. My cuts continue not to cut completely through the material. It is on proofgrade material, on proofgrade settings. I have refocused the machine and have cleaned it. it works 50% of the time. Please help as I cannot continue to waste the hundreds of dollars I have already lost :frowning:

1 Like

When you purchase Proofgrade part of the cost is a warranty that it “just works” if you’re using PG settings. This is why it’s good to read the information they send you!

That being said “it doesn’t work” isn’t actually helpful information. What are you cutting? When did you cut that it didn’t work? Give details, and preferably a picture of the Gift of Good Measure (from your dashboard) cut, both front and back, with the time you did it.

1 Like

I am having the same issues. I just printed an item on Proofgrade MDF with Proofgrade settings, and it did not cut the item all the way through. It’s like it scored it instead (yes, I double checked my setting for cut!). This has happened on not just MDF, but with PG Basswood also. It’s frustrating to do a large piece and find out it didn’t cut all the way through!

I’m so sorry to hear that your prints aren’t cutting through on PG material.

Could you please post two photos of the front and back of an example print so that I may take a closer look?

Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print. By the way, I’ve sent you a gift card to your email so that you may purchase more Proofgrade materials if necessary. I apologize that you’ve wasted materials in this process and want to help you resolve this for good!

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print, and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

I look forward to reviewing your results!

2 Likes

Its not consistently not cutting through, its almost as if its every other cut.

1 Like

Mine does this as well. I had to do 3 passes on PG thick acrylic last night and there were still a few spots it didn’t cut all the way through…

Each thread can only help one person. If you haven’t already opened a thread of your own, or emailed support, you should do one of those things.

The GoGM is in your dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.