Not cutting through proof grade material with catalog prints

Even when I double cut the machine is not cutting clean through the material. We bought three machines for our school, one cuts great, pieces fall right out after the cut, the other with the same pattern and same type of proof grade wood, portions of the pattern do not cut through leaving you to double cut ad turn the wood over and try and cut again from the back, why is this?

Here’s a few things to check that you can read over while waiting for Glowforge staff to wake up:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will check the lenses.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @kdelsignore.

To help our team better understand the trouble, could you include a photo of the print that didn’t turn out as expected? Please include the approximate date and time of the print as well.

Next, could you run a test print for me? The design we use has some known dimensions built into it and it will help me extract logs afterward to take a closer look. Here are the steps for the test:

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Lastly, could you do the following for me? Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows

• The printer head window, on the left-hand side of the printer head

• The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge

• The printer head lens

• Both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

• The bottom of the printer head with the lens installed

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with the next steps.

Thank you, cleaning the lenses worked.

Kary

I’m glad the trouble resolved with a good cleaning! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!