Not engraving, cutting or scoring

I’ve been trying to cut something, and engrave and nothing is showing up! It’s moving but there’s no laser! PLEASE HELP!

Need to ask a few questions:

1. Is this a file you created or one that you downloaded from the catalog? If it’s your own file, what program did you design it in?
  2. Are you cutting on Proofgrade material that already has the settings information loaded for you, or is it some other kind of material?
  3. What kind of material is it?
2 Likes

If you still need help, can you let us know what settings you are using, the material you are trying to cut and the file type?

1 Like
  1. It’s a file from the catalog.
  2. I am cutting on Medium Draftboard Proofgrade—
  3. Medium Draftboard

It’s moving but it’s not engraving.

Okay, can you take and post a screen shot that includes the thumbnail column on the left side of the screen? I want to check the settings information showing there.

When the laser starts moving…is there a flickering purple light on the left side inside the laser tube?

Here it is.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.