Not engraving right

hello I am needing some help I had this issue about a month ago were the rollers were cracked and we got them changed out but we recently started having the sam issue were the images are engraving with squiggly lines. I checked the rollers and they look good the were dirty so I cleaned them also cleaning the ledge that they sit on to make sure they were not hitting anything. and that seamed to have no change in the picture the #1 is what it should look like I cut it on my other machine and #2 is before I cleaned it and #3 is after I cleaned it. any ideas would be great

1 Like

It still seems like the issue is in the left-to-right. With the machine off can you feel anything catching or slipping while pushing the carriage plate back and forth? It’s possible for the carriage plate belt to get dirty or lose teeth, or for the rollers that it sits on to get cracked, as well as the wheels that the laser head sits on.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea I took off the carriage plate and some of the ridges are looking warm down and kinda flat. How do I order a new one?

1 Like

Take pictures and post them here, and when a staff member gets here they will verify and hook you up.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

Thank you for helping out @deirdrebeth!

To help us determine the next steps, could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge

2. Remove the carriage plate from the laser arm

3. Closely inspect the carriage plate wheels from the top for any cracks or other damage

4. Closely inspect the sides of the wheels for any cracks or other damage

5. If you notice anything damaged or out of place, please take a photo and send it to us

Attachments

its hard to see but there are a couple spots were the belt is worn down a little and the wheels are indented from the track

Hi @natalia_peart - Thanks for sharing those photos.

In the interest of being thorough, could you take a good look at these wheels on the back of the carriage plate for me?

There’s some instructions on our website for removing this plate, just as a reminder.

You’d mentioned some wear on the wheels, and from the photo you’d shared I spotted a couple of areas that looked like they could be worn, but this could also be just the lighting in the photo.

Would you take another look at these wheels and let me know if you’re able to see any spots where this center groove has worn through to the point where you can see the metal post underneath? If so we’ll want to look at getting this part replaced.

Hello yes the metal is exposed on a couple of spots

Thanks for checking that for us - based on what you’ve found and described, it sounds like getting this plate replaced is a good next step.

There’s a few details I need to confirm with you to get that shipment rolling, so I’m going to close this topic here and reach out to you via email, where we can finish everything up.

Please keep an eye out, as it should be on its way!