Not Engraving Straight

I’m engraving on a piece of wood and its engraving with “bubbley” not straight edges. I’ve cleaned it and blew air to get any debris. I did a test and it appeared better. So I tried engraving on a new piece of wood and its just as bad as the first. Help!

This is how it looks:

The @sassymonograms is how it should look …

Here’s a close up

I would check all of the wheels that move the gantry. This has often been the cause of rough edges. Turn the power off on your glowforge and move the gantry by hand and feel for any resistance.

2 Likes

@kattiemarean

I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is having issue printing.

It looks like someone suggested checking the v wheels on the carriage plate I would also suggest that I would also like to check the belt tension.

This suggests that you could be having trouble with a wheel on your carriage plate or belt tension.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge

2. Remove the carriage plate from the laser arm

3. Closely inspect the carriage plate wheels from the top for any cracks or other damage

4. Closely inspect the sides of the wheels for any cracks or other damage

5. If you notice anything damaged or out of place, please take a photo and attach it to your reply.

Could you check the tension of your belts for me?

When pressing lightly on one side of the belt, the other side should not move.

Like this:

(You should see an animated image above)

If a belt is loose, you can follow this link for instructions to adjust the tension of the carriage plate belt or here to adjust the tension of the side belt.

Please reply with a photo of the belt if you are unsure about the tension.

Attachments

Welp it was the wheel! The top piece of the wheel is broken! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you. The front wheel on the carriage plate is broken. The top piece fell off when I moved it and can see its broken.

How do I replace that front carriage wheel?

Help I reallllllly need to get my machine running

This is ridiculous! I wrote on Tuesday after the employee on the message board didn’t respond anymore after I posted there sunday. We are nearly at a week! My machine does NOT work!!!

@kattiemarean I am so sorry for our delayed response. I just sent an email in order to get the order for the spare wheel booked for you. I am going to go ahead and close this post. Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation in troubleshooting!