Not firing

I just received My glowForge today and set it up and it is not firing at all yet going through the motions.

The box that it came in arrived completely torn up and completely soaking wet. I don’t know if that has anything to do with the issue going on right now.

Everything else seems to work properly except for the fact that it is not firing and lasering the wood. Can you please tell me what I need to do?

Thank you

Are you able to upload a screenshot of your screen? Also, I’m assuming you’re using the Glowforge materials, but assuming isn’t a sure thing, so are you using the Proofgrade materials, or something else?

If you do a forum search there are a handful of posts that have had similar issues as this, if you hit the magnifying glass at the top and search for “not firing”, you’ll find those posts. There may be some troubleshooting steps that have been discussed that may work for you.

1 Like

I finally got it to fire. I am using the materials that are from glowforge.

Thank you

Joy Morris

1 Like

Even using PG material, it sometimes sets the power to 1–so one of those things to add to your memory as you progress along the learning curve! Enjoy the process!

Glad this is resolved.

For the benefit of those having the same issue (and those who are just plain curious), what was the resolution?

1 Like

On the outside only or inside? Just making sure your coolant didn’t leak.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble, and I apologize for the way your machine was handled in the shipping process.

It does look like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s fantastic! - Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any issues?

You should have refused delivery. There’s no telling if the machine has been damaged, and if you need to send it back for repair or replacement, it costs $250 to replace the shipping materials.

1 Like

It was just on the outside. The box was completely ripped apart and the white handles pulled off. Thankfully the inside was packed well enough that it seems to be working ok.

1 Like

I apologize for just getting back to everyone. I’ve been in the middle of finals in law school. So the issue was that the setting that says full power turns itself off. When it does that it will not fire at all. That’s what made it work. I really appreciate everyone’s help! It means a lot and I LOVE this amazing community!

1 Like

I apologize for just getting back to everyone. I’ve been in the middle of finals in law school. So the issue was that the setting that says full power turns itself off. When it does that it will not fire at all.

Also, it was the outside of the box. The inside seemed pretty solid with no water on it. I wasn’t there to sign for the product. My daughter was. The delivery service employee did not even help her bring it in.

That’s what made it work. I really appreciate everyone’s help! It means a lot and I LOVE this amazing community!

2 Likes

I was not there. My daughter was there to receive it and didn’t know she could have refused it (she’s young). The delivery service employee didn’t even help her carry the package inside. Frustrating when you spend good money on a product.

1 Like

So far things have been running smoothly. Thank you.

That was exactly the issue. It would click off of full power. It also continues to do this. I have not learned how to keep it on that setting as of yet. Would love to know how. I have to manually change it every time.

1 Like

Are you reloading the design from the design library? Normally a design’s settings are saved. You can also save your own custom settings.

Trying to figure out what triggers resetting the power.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.