Not loading a previously traced image

The other day, I traced and engraved an image. Today, I went to pull up the image to repeat the process and it won’t show up on my glowforge “bed”. The image is in my library, and when I hit the little button on top with the three little dots it says it is there, but no image is showing at all and it says no artwork. I have zoomed out and I don’t see it anywhere on the screen? Comments? Suggestions?

Unfortunately, using the three dots to Reset a file only works on Glowforge provided files, not ones that we create ourselves.

If you created a file from a Trace and then deleted the image from the file before saving it to your Design Library or closing the file, it will save the file without the trace in it. (It Auto-saves the most recent version of your file when you close or exit the interface.)

It should have saved any trace results to a new file named “trace” on your dashboard, as long as you didn’t delete the trace results from the file before closing it.

1 Like

Some of us are having issues with images disappearing from our files, just as you described.

Here’s a post about it: My designs are dissappearing on there own inside of the boxes

I don’t have a solution, but hopefully GF is looking into it.

I am not sure how to save a file to my Design Library, but it does show up as a trace file there so I guess that it was Auto Saved. I even made a copy of it in my library and tried to open the copy to no avail.

And when you click on the trace file in the Design Library to open it, it doesn’t reopen with the file inside it in the interface?

Did you try refreshing your browser and clearing the cache? (It might be another instance of the issue that ChristyM mentioned above…which would point to a bug.)

correct, when I clicked on it, it brought up the interface, but no file showing in it. I did close down browser and go back in and try again and I cleared cookies

Might be a bug at that…support’s going to need to look into it…sorry. :neutral_face:

So Jules, is there any way †o save the trace without autosave?

Noooooo…I don’t think so. :frowning:

Do you have access to a scanner? You can scan it to jpeg and have it forever…that might be the best option for now unless you want to rescan it using the Trace function each time.

I do, And that is what I am going to do, but I was just clinging to the hope that there would be a super easy route. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Okay, no problem! (And I prefer the results with a scanner…less cleanup usually, so you might find it works out better. Super simple to drag the scanned jpeg onto any open file in the interface and it’s ready to go.)

FWIW, it should be a super easy route. The autosave generally does what you want it to do. Not sure why it didn’t. Could be something on your end, or whatever is happening with the disappearing files.

Oooooh! Maybe they’re contraband! Grandma’s secret recipe. :smile:

2 Likes

was certainly someone’s secret recipe

1 Like

It’s certainly secret now!

1 Like

Disappearing files…Halloween coming up…maybe an errant ghost or gremlin?
:ghost: :open_mouth: :ghost:

1 Like

Hi There! I’m sorry to hear that you hit this snag.

You may not see a design (and see a “No Artwork” message) if the original design’s artwork was deleted while preparing a print. When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh by opening the design, clicking on the three-dot icon, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

Could you please try the following steps for me?

1. Open the design in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.
  2. Click the “…” button
  3. Click “Reset Design”
  4. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.