Not printing Entire Design, Printing Design Completely Wrong & Not cutting All the way through

Hi All!

First, I had a design that didn’t cut all the way through. I’ve ran into this before but could still pop it out ok. This design didn’t have the details even close to cut through. So there was no way. Ok, I’ll just try to cut it again. I started a new cut and the second cut had cut all the way through!! but…It just didn’t cut all of the design? (I was using Maple plywood proof grade) Odd, because it cut those parts the time before but not all the way through… So, I gave up…cleaned all the things (like it said in the troubleshooting) and moved onto a different project because I thought maybe it was the material being warped. I then moved onto doing some small things on black medium acrylic…It cut most of them correctly and all the way through but then two of them were cut way off from where I had them on the screen and the design was off. Ok, maybe I wasn’t paying attention. Nope, cut a few more and one of them has the design “off”…See the pic.

Any thoughts?? Not fun when you have a deadline…

The pic didn’t post. But I wonder if the head was inadvertently knocked? Maybe when putting in material?

Okay. So pics 1 & 2 I think are showing the same issue, yeah? Not cutting properly? I have had that happen once or twice, but that was a long time ago. Like a year. Support can look at the logs if you happen to know the times of those (including timezone).

Pic 3 & 4 is showing the same thing I think as well. (sorry to use the word) Interesting. Do you recall the path it took? I can’t tell… are those all cuts or are the words scores or engraves? So it looks like the engrave is correct. It’s just the cut on that one that shifted. Is that a correct interpretation of what I’m seeing?

Hi Tom! I reposted the pictures…I took the head out to clean it and then put back in after the first issue like it says to do in troubleshooting. Yes, both 1 and 2 were cut issues. Then got the #2 cut issue…It was different though. The first cut issue didn’t cut all the way through and the second just didn’t cut part of the design at all. Then I switched materials and the design was “off” on some but not all of the designs. It is all cut…no engrave. I thought maybe I just put it on the material “off” from where it should have cut but then I got the last picture where the entire design was off on that one.

That last pic confuses me. I see the upper one is off, but the rest look fine. Is that right? (I don’t know what your original design looks like.) If it happens again, or you test one, try taking a screenshot of the result while the overlay of what was supposed to come out is still on the screen as well.

If you want to do a quick test without wasting time and materials, you could use cardboard. I use it all the time to ensure my design is correct before using valuable materials.

One thing that can prevent the entire design from printing is if you push the button on the Glowforge before all elements in the red preview on your computer screen have cycled through at least once. Is there a chance that this happened?

Oh no! I’m sorry you ran into so much trouble.

I’m looking into what happened with the second print that didn’t cut everything.

Unfortunately, the print alignment shows your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’m going to close this topic, and I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.