Not printing where it should

So for the last about 3 weeks I have been stuck in a rut with my Christmas present making. Ive been trying to engrave on a pair of leather working gloves, and it never ever prints where I tell it. So I engraved on a bunch of materials and I found, anything that isn’t exactly proof grade material, won’t print straight. Ive re aligned and cleaned the whole thing and nothing will change. Help!

Welcome to the forum.
Are you using the set focus tool and making sure that the beam falls directly on the material where you are going to engrave your design before placing your artwork? The other way to get very good alignment is making a jig.

1 Like

Another way to make sure your GFUI alignment works for something like this is to take a piece of masking tape and put a cross hair in the interface. Have it score at a very light setting. Then adjust as necessary.

Leather gloves would be hard to get the set focus correct on this. Definitely would use @dklgood’s advice and put it in a jig.

Wecome @peter9 to the forum.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear prints are not coming out as expected on leather gloves.

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.