Not releasing Design of the month for November and December for Premium subscribers, because we're offering many new designs

Part of the whole hype for getting people to subscribe to Premium was offering the design of the month, which was something they could download and then keep for free, even if they stopped their subscription. I for one look forward to these designs the most as they are always a little bit over the top and well executed, multi faceted designs. Not giving us these designs for two months because you are giving us multi designs is not the same thing as we can not keep the multi designs should we stop our subscription. Plus when not doing something for two months it’s easy to forget and continue to not offer the design of the month, the same as the gift option in our dashboard went away. Hopefully you will reconsider this move as really not fair to the people that do pay extra for premium service and some at a premium cost.

5 Likes

Um…where did you get that from? I mean, if you don’t print them and you stop Premium they’ll go away in 30 days, but that is true of anything on your dashboard.

You’ll note there’s nothing about Premium being required on the one design linked from the dashboard as the DoTM usually is:

Plus if you maintain Premium:
“instead of featuring one incredible design for November and December, we’re featuring dozens

1 Like

Yes I understand designs that aren’t used will go away, and I saw the paper lantern. I’m referring to this line in their premium membership, 'Design of the Month - Get one spectacular new design every month, for free. It’s yours to keep forever.

1 Like

Yes, and the paper lantern is the design that is yours to keep forever - plus they’re giving you a bunch of others to keep as long as you remain in Premium. They’re adding to what you normally get, not subtracting.

1 Like

The paper lantern isn’t in the free premium section, though yes they are giving it to us for free, but they are also giving it free to all the non premium members as well, so not quite the same. They have given us multiple free files every month that are ours to use for free , to use while we are members. The design of the month was ours for free even after we stopped being members. Last christmas they ‘added to what we normally get’ as well as still giving us the design of the month. They are very generous in their free designs for premium members, its the design of the month that some of us members most looked forward to.

1 Like

You are correct. If you want to be angry that they’re giving stuff to normal people for the holidays, I can’t stop you, but it seems a waste of energy.

1 Like

Sorry if I came across or gave you the impression that I am angry, as I am totally not at all! What I am is disappointed they are not doing a design of the month for November and December. No where did I say I was angry they were giving away free stuff to "normal"people for the holidays. They can give away all the free stuff they want, I think that is awesome!

2 Likes

I agree. The paper lanterns don’t say anywhere they are free to keep. The other Design of the Month designs are yours to keep even if you discontinue Premium. The lanterns are available only if you continue with Premium. Feels like a bait and switch.

1 Like

Exactly!

The one that is linked in the DoTM spot says it very clearly…

The remainder - the extra freebies they are giving you as a Premium member - require remaining a Premium member.

Link? Not seeing that one

It is in the catalog - Abstract Geometric Art Paper Lantern

1 Like

It was in the email, and it was on the app.glowforge.com site - though that’s been updated now with a more recent announcement.

2 Likes

Where exactly did you read that there isn’t a Design of the Month for November & December?
I just got the November design - Fantasy Airship - and it’s pretty awesome!

1 Like

Dan said that in the November posting. They’re giving away a lot of other designs in the Gift Catalog instead.

I saw that and the description says it’s a Design of the Month so it looks like that was one they had queued up but then must have decided on the gift catalog approach instead.

I agree, it looks awesome - it’s one I believe I’ll make. I have a bunch of PG that I have stocked up on and don’t know of a better project to use it on.

2 Likes

Glad they changed their mind! Love the design of the month. Will be making this one for sure!

Hello everyone! I’m so sorry for the confusion about the designs. I’m really glad that got cleared up and that you’re all excited about the gift guide like we are!

2 Likes