Any ideas??? I’ve cleaned everything … Tried leaving the lid up and centering… reset the wifi … and nothing??/ I have way too many orders and was about to click to buy another one for back up yesterday before all this happened , Now I’m not sure I want another … I’ve had this one almost 5 months & boom quits working out of the blue
Is it showing offline?
showing online just stuck in scanning mode
Another thing to try is to turn the machine off, remove everything from the bed, gently move the carriage and print head so that the logo on top of the print head is directly under the lid camera and then turn the Glowforge back. on.
I tried that last night… When I shut the lid after 20 min it moved to the front and kept bumping the front… Then I got the error the laser head bumped something
First thing to check and eliminate is Wifi issues.
- Turn off the machine. Turn off the computer. Unplug the router.
- Wait a couple minutes.
- Plug the router back in and let it fully start up.
- Turn on the computer and let it fully start up.
- Turn on the Glowforge and let it complete the startup calibration.
- Then open the app.glowforge.com and check the status for “Ready”.
Second thing to check is cable connections.
- Check the connection on the white ribbon in the laser arm. Make sure it is fully inserted and the pins are in good shape.
- Check all of the ribbon cable connections in the lid. The connectors need to be fully closed.
- There has been a fairly recent problem with how a ribbon cable was installed on a batch of machines, and opening the lid all the way upright can cause wear on it and break the wires inside prematurely. That can be replaced but you’re going to need to hear from support for that…I think they can look at the logs to see it, and they’ll get you a new cable, which should eliminate the problem.
If it’s the last issue, turnaround is going to be from several days to a week or so, so you might need to give a head’s up to your clients that there could be a delay. But check the Wifi issues that you can first…it might be that and then you can get back to it.
I have done all those steps … multiple times … I think it’s mad at me for thinking about going another machine…
Well, just wait to hear from support then. They’ll let you know the next steps.
There is a CHAT option during their Pacific working hours.
Touch the Support tag at top of this window and look for chat in the lower part of that page.
If not see Chat, then timing is off and no one is working that desk.
I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.