Not searching, but actually finding?

I continue to have a problem using the searching methods available on the forum.
I have raised this topic before when it was aimed at posts that I hadn’t read(borne out of another thing I still find difficulty with - the distinction between ‘latest’ , ‘new’ and ‘unread’ ) but trying to find posts that I’ve bookmarked is equally baffling. There is no distinction that I can see in the way the bookmarks for individual posts or whole threads show up in my own list of bookmarks.
Someone told me how to search for just the posts that I hadn’t read, so I bookmarked their reply. As I can’t recall the title of the original thread, nor the kind soul that helped, how am I to find it ?
Fortunately, I find using the GF a lot easier than using the forum !

John :upside_down_face:
EDIT . . .and another thing - why do posts appear highlighted in ‘latest’ if they don’t appear in ‘unread’ ? I assume that our own display is personalised to our own activity, so I find this very odd.

The whole thing baffles me, too. Which isn’t any help in answering your question, but at least you’re not alone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah - I’ve found the original helpful reply which was to use in:unseen in:first in the search engine, so thanks Mark !
Now discovered that the latest unread posts are dated May 29th, so perhaps I should modify my question to ‘How do you get rid of all the greyed out threads that I have read in the ‘latest’ category ?’

I believe you’re referring to my original post here: Want to see all the projects you missed?

1 Like

Not sure that it was, as I found Mark’s reply to me in my own posts. I think you had made exactly the same observation to someone else !
“Great minds think alike”, etc.