Not starting up

my GF is not starting up

Don’t really know what to describe because really not much is happening… switch it on… makes a whir sound… usually then theres a ticking but nothing… leave it it and then 15 minutes later the laser head moves a little

Booted it many times

Reset the wifi and connected no problem

Nothing else I can tell you apart from it was working fine and then I tried to do one last print and it stuck on preparing to print for 10-15 minutes… that was first sign of problem

Any help appreciated folks

Looks like it’s an issue across the board, they are working on a fix now… I got pissed because mine was working fine this morning and then nothing, but they will get it fixed (hopefully quickly)

2 Likes

helpful link to monitor the status of GF:

2 Likes

Seriously?

I guess there’s pro’s and con’s to having everything centrally controlled

I’ll be honest… as a user it doesn’t feel great that I have an appliance in my home that is literally controlled by someone I don’t know

The bitcoin crowd would hate GlowForge :joy:

I appreciate it from a business perspective though… I do get it

Thanks @twinmommycreations for the heads up… its a bigger problem… they’re on it :+1:

1 Like

@jamely thank you for that link… awesome… explains everthing :+1: :+1: :+1:

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. We were experiencing a system outage at the time of your report and I believe this caused the issues you were seeing. We’ve resolved the cause of the outage and you should be good to go now. If you’re using the App, you may need to refresh your browser.