Nurses Day!

With profound appreciation for the professionals who regularly work for the benefit of the public health, but for the last year have unexpectedly found themselves on the front line of a battlefield that threatens their own lives, and stood fast in the face of an invisible insidious enemy.

As worthy of a Bronze Star as any soldier who ever exhibited extraordinary courage on the battlefield.

Thank you for your sacrifice, and thank you for your service! :purple_heart:

Edit; Art by Sara Paglia

29 Likes

that’s awesome!

Is this your work? May I share with others? (I’d like to give attribution.)

2 Likes

Well said, and well done!

3 Likes

No, art is by Sara Paglia. I found it very moving.

2 Likes

Hear Hear! They also kept those of us who didn’t get sick, healthy!

5 Likes

As a Registered Nurse of 25+ years, this past year has certainly been one of the most trying of my career. But, once you become a nurse, it’s just part of your nature that you meet the challenges as they come, because it’s what you know to do. What has really surprised me is the number of people who decided to become a nurse during this crisis. Kudos to all those out there who, despite the new dangers and challenges, decided to join the cause!

13 Likes

That is terrific and soooooo true! We have a nurse in our family…definitely hero material!

6 Likes

Sara Paglia’s work is amazing. I have an art print of this one that I adore:
https://www.sarapaglia.it/featured_item/do-not-disturb/?v=2a47ad90f2ae

3 Likes

“Art is the expression of spirit by means of matter.”

She is really good at it!
Thanks for that link. :beers:

2 Likes

Amen to that! Beautiful artwork.

3 Likes

Thanks to all here who are nurses / caregivers. When I had my heart attack, the Doctors AND nurses saved my life. The nurses are the ones who got me back on my feet and helped me believe I could get better. I was truly truly thankful for those amazing souls full of love and light. You all rock!

6 Likes

Yup, I’ve been married to one for 42 years, and considering who I was when I met her, I’m convinced she is the only reason I’m still alive.

5 Likes

“Good morning, dearheart, how are you?” is what Mrs Ida Johnson (ie Nurse Johnson the Short) said to me every morning when I was being treated for cancer. She knew what time I got up in the morning; she’d crack the door of my room a smidge and stage whisper to me. To this day I can still hear her voice.

The other Mrs Ida Johnson (ie Nurse Johnson the Tall) worked two floors up in the Oncology Dept. About 6 mos after my last chemo, I went back for a checkup. She didn’t recognize me until I pulled my hair back. We had such a laugh and big hugs all around.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.