Object Won’t Move

I am very new here & have been playing around with my GF to get the hang of it. My problem though, when I’m trying to create something using GF’s art work & whatnot, the image will not move if I’m trying to position it to a certain spot to be printed on the material. I can’t figure how to avoid this problem so I end up deleting it & creating a new page, which usually does the trick, but is obviously a pain to have to do. Help, anyone?

You should be able to click on it and it becomes ‘highlighted’ and move it where you want. If you cannot move it you can try the reposition tool on the bottom right (looks like a ruler). This allows you to enter the coordinates of where you want it moved. It would need to be highlighted to move this as well.
Welcome to the community!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
What are you using to access the interface - computer, tablet or phone? Have you read through the keyboard shortcuts?

CTL-A will select everything and a rectangle that crosses lines will select everything it crosses** Picking on a line is a likelihood of moving it slightly so I try to use either CTL-A or crossing to minimize that chance. Also moving the selected items with the arrow keys or Shift and arrow keys has good precision only improved by typing the number in the precision size / location widget.

** Each object has a “smallest rectangle” and crossing that will select that as well.

1 Like

Yes, I do highlight it, but still nothing. I’ll try your other suggestion though, thanks!

Thank you
Amanda Zepeda

1 Like

Tablet. I know I’m to click on it (highlight) to move it, but it doesn’t budge.

Thank you
Amanda Zepeda

1 Like

What kind? Which browser? Have you tried a different browser? Do you have a real computer or laptop you can try with?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.