Ode to Texas. CNC & Glowforge team up

I used acrylic engraved from the back for the seal. The CNC for the state outline. Added the lighted stand-offs to make it pop. Just need to add a box to the back to enclose the wiring and enable either an easel or wall hanging.

26 Likes

I started to do a Texas state seal, but stopped after reading all the usage requirements on the state website. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I won’t tell anyone you did one; it looks awesome!)

5 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Just going on daughters wall. Heck they don’t even want we people in LA to come visit. They try and quarantine us.

1 Like

Yeah, I moved here in December and they won’t let me practice my profession OR have a driver’s license, so I hear ya! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Although with the pandemic, the former is probably keeping me alive and healthy, and the latter is hardly necessary anymore…

3 Likes

Came out amazing!

1 Like

I have seen mental stress create the need, and don’t recall a time of more general mental stress, with explosions going on all around me.

1 Like

Other states are relaxing rules and making exceptions, but I don’t see it happening here. Rules is rules, in Texas, and in this case the rules say a one semester class outweighs 9 years of experience and thousands of hours of continuing ed, per their special review committee, even in the midst of a pandemic. And I’m just not in a “go back to grad school” frame of mind, at present, so I’ll putter in my garden, play with my puppies, and make things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Speaking of puppies, isn’t it about time for another photo shoot?

1 Like

“Rules is rules” for other people. I don’t see them following rules for themselves. I suspect that a campaign contribution to the right pocket would do that job if you were the sort that went that way.

Meh. I’m licensed in two other states where the pay is a lot higher AND I don’t have to share half of it with a MD to get them to “supervise” me. When it’s a bit safer to do so, I’ll get a locum tenens gig once or twice a year, and make what income I need that way.

1 Like

Poor @jrryw13, we’ve completely hijacked this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll go make a new post to show you my puppies!

So nice!

This is an awesome piece.

Puppies are awesome feel free to hijack

1 Like

I’m glad you wouldn’t have been offended. :slight_smile: I already put them over here: Puppy Update (aka "Pupdate")

1 Like