Ode to the creator of the A-Frame Miniature Greenhouse

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! Big Thanks to the creator, it’s perfectly done, super easy to put together and so fun to color! I feel so guilty using someone else’s creations sometimes, especially ones that had so many hours of hard work put into it but my gawd this was amazingly fun.

51 Likes

I’m doing one today!!! Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Oh, cute! I love that you cut the apron and the rug out of leather.

2 Likes

Very fun!

1 Like

I am trying to put mine together… but where do I find the assembly directions?!? I can’t wait to finish it!

1 Like

Click on the 3 menu bars, choose Design details, then I think it says instructions.

1 Like

I just finished printing the greenhouse, but none of the slots in the bases allow for the piece to fit into them. For example, I can’t get the plant to fit into the base for it to stand up. Did you have any trouble with that?? I cut it on 1/8" birch plywood.

So excited to make mine!

How did you paint on the finished plywood? What kind of paint did you use? I’m printing right now on cherry.

I used acrylic paint pens… they worked great!!

1 Like

This doesn’t help for something already cut, but for future reference. These designs are built for Proofgrade (:proofgrade:) material, which isn’t exactly 1/8" or 1/4", it’s a touch thinner. You should cut a small test piece to verify if things are going to work - and if they’re just too tight you can run your cut line twice and it’ll widen the kerf. Otherwise, for purchased designs, you do better using the material recommended.

For pieces that are already cut you can take a piece of sand paper and/or xacto knife and make the tabs just a touch smaller.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Is the file a purchase file or am I missing it somewhere on this post?

This file is in the Glowforge catalog.

I always feel like I ‘should’ be using my own designs, too. Thanks for the reminder - maybe I’ll get a green house, too!