Off focus

I was printing and it started printing off-center, off to the left. This happened on 6/27 and 6/28

Any chance the head ran into something or got moved when the machine was turned on. I suggest turning it off and back on so that it can recenter and calibrate.

2 Likes

HI there. I’m sorry to see that you’ve been running into some trouble with recent print offset. I was able to review prints from 6/27 and 6/28 from the extracted log files from your Glowforge. It looks like the focuser was landing on the crumb tray and/or edge of the material on some prints, which can create unexpected print results.

Since the material appears to be small, you may experience this periodically, and the best way to avoid this would be using the Set Focus function before placing the design on the material in the Glowforge app. You may see some slight shifts in the bed image after the focuser is run, and starting with the Set Focus step first, can allow you to have better accuracy with print results.

If you continue to notice significant offset in any prints, I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to fix it.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

Should you finish all of these steps, and find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results. Thank you!

Thanks I don’t know what I did, I cleaned everything but it’s working now

1 Like

Hi David,

That’s great news! I appreciate you following up to let me know. I will go ahead and close this as resolved.

I saw you created a thread in the Community dealing with smoke coming out of the unit during prints, and will follow up separately through that other ticket to avoid any miscommunication or confusion with the troubleshooting.

I’ll be in touch shortly through your Community thread soon.

Kind regards,