Off Topic -- For those of us who like the unusual

I remember the first episode of this was the first TV show I had ever seen in color – my Dad loaded us into the car and drove to the TV station he was programming manager for so we could see it on a color set in a meeting room…

Never seen it but it looks good! :relaxed:

For a kid – weirdest and most thought provoking show I had ever seen – and still holds that place in my viewing history. :relaxed: When I got out of college and went off to Europe for a year or so, I even went to The Village which is Portmeirion on the North Welsh coast.

Remember it in black and white. Or maybe it was just because we didn’t have a color TV set. Either way I loved the cerebral nature of the show. Made you think. Hated the fact that there never seemed to be any resolution to the weekly crisis. Sometimes felt like I was watching one of my Mom’s soap operas which never ended with a happy situation.

So it’s been 50 years? Time flies. Story is every bit as pertinent now as when I was watching it as a 8 year old.
Same goes for the Twilight Zone.

It is good. It holds up better than most shows from that time period.

Just don’t watch the remake from a few years ago.

So true – pretend the remake never happened…

50 years… Just curious, what is the first TV shows you remember?
For me it was Amos & Andy and Romper Room.

Hmmmm…Capt. Kangaroo, Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, Sky King…

I remember bits and pieces of scenes of The Prisoner. Like @rpegg, my memories of it are in black & white but that’s because we didn’t get a color TV until long after most families.

The Outer Limits: “Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!”

Yes! and Sea Hunt.

This may just be one of the first things that I can clearly remember watching on TV.

I am not a number! I am a free… No wait… Yeah… I’m just a number. Never mind. Go about your business.

There’s a hold up in the Bronx,
Brooklyn’s broken out in fights.
There’s a traffic jam in Harlem
That’s backed up to Jackson Heights.
There’s a scout troop short a child,
Kruschev’s due at Idlewild

This quote is from the robot on “Lost in Space” - Rich

Oh yeah, duh! Lost in Space was what I meant. The Outer Limits was more like Twilight Zone.

I’ve been to Portmeirion in North Wales where they filmed The Prisoner. It’s a fascinating place. Not a huge Prisoner fan though. Too many drugs were taken during the writing stage. Over rated twaddle in my honest opinion.

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/visit/

Not sure about earliest, big favorites though,

and

Earliest would be either Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, or Voltron for me.