OFFLINE - Resolved

GF does caution users to disconnect the exhaust when the printer isn’t running, specifically for this type of reason.

But disconnecting the duct is a PITA if your vent is permanently installed. I got a magnetic dryer vent connector off Amazon that works pretty good. But I also got an in-line duct fan that’s positioned at the end of the duct nearest the discharge vent. If I leave that running at low speed even with the GF shut off, it is always pulling indoor air through the machine, nothing can come back from outside. (it also helped immensely with ventilation. I can cut wood and acrylic now and not even get the slightest whiff of anything stinky).

3 Likes

This is the one I made with the Glowforge and a couple cheap parts from the hardware store: Draft dodger
Has been working great this winter!

even though none of my other devices were having connectivity issues I finally broke-down and restarted all networking throughout the house and after that the GF sprung back to life!
@Slacker sounds like you might have something else going on :frowning:

1 Like

I had the same issue yesterday of showing offline, even after calibration. I gave up on it because what I wanted do do wasn’t important. I later discovered that the tv wasn’t connecting to WiFi either, and restarted the router. I didn’t think to go check the GF, but that was probably the issue.

Having been at this rodeo for awhile, how do you know your replacement was a factory repaired (refurbished) unit? @dan said they were not doing that so interested when that might have changed and how you know.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry your Glowforge was having trouble getting online.

I extracted the logs for your unit and didn’t see anything unusual. However, if you run into this issue again, please let me know. I’m happy to look into it for you.

We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. If anyone else is still experiencing problems, please create a new topic.