Oh' Christmas Tree

Well I am working my way up to a full fledge Christmas Tree Design, but I put my toe in the water with this one. I have had the sketch on my desk for 2 months and I finally tackled it. It is a Christmas Tree Tray, could be used for a gift basket, a candy dish, a place for your keys during the holiday, or a standup decoration. What do you think?

87 Likes

Your designs are always so nicely executed :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

8 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

I love this! So elegant looking!

8 Likes

Dang! Those look good, and I’m not just talking about the tree!

7 Likes

That is very nice! You have the living hinge integration down with great effect! NIce work!

6 Likes

That is just so stunning!

4 Likes

That’s a very charming tray. A great festive piece!

6 Likes

Awesome. Love the living hinge and details on the side. Really nice.

8 Likes

Beautiful!

6 Likes

Very nice design and I like the flexibility of use! (:wink:)

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love it!!!

3 Likes

Very elegant and you photo these beautifully!

4 Likes

Makes me wonder how many hands you have.
Came out awesome but I bet it was a pill to put together.

Really novel.

3 Likes

It was a pill trying to get the living hinge to make those tight curves had alot of broken hinges until I changed the curve a bit and realized if you put it in from the bottom to the top it works perfectly, then I also realized that if you dampen the hinge areas with some water before you put them in the groove it make it soo much easier. Then let it sit in the groove for a while before you take it out lay down your glue and put it back in.

4 Likes

I never would have thought to use living hinges that way. That is soo cool

3 Likes

How lovely are thy branches!!

2 Likes

Water formed shaping. Tricks are always so obvious when explained. I have done alcohol misting to remove curves from wood. No reason it wouldn’t also force a curve on wood.

Now all I have to do is try and remember this next time I have a project that is fighting me.
Still awesome and thanks for the response.

4 Likes

I still am able to do the curves without using water, until I put it out for other to do, I was worried they wouldn’t be patient enough to feel how the wood is reacting and I would get complaints about broken wood. When I remembered seeing people that put large furniture together with curved parts wetting the wood first, I thought I would try it. And it helped, cause as you are putting the living hinge in with no wood you hear crackles as you strain the wood. I am just glad this will make it easier for people to make. It has cause alot of people to get out of their comfort zone and try something alittle more complicated and see they can do it. Very satisfying for them and for me as a designer.

3 Likes