Oh god I did it again!

Sigh. I’ve made this error since that first meetup during the PRU day with @joe. I forgot to flip… sigh it has a bigger consequence when cutting up metal… these soft jaws aren’t going to hold the part… I was thinking of just moving the origin point to the left and rerunning the job but the chance that would be dead on is too low…

18 Likes

I am glad I NEVER did that!..HAHA

4 Likes

Not actually sure how I did this, since each soft jaw is modeled in fusion as a separate body and the CAM is done on the models, and the model joins up correctly. Luckily I can carve the profile on the opposite side and it will all still work…

Oh, I wonder if I flipped the x-axis definition…

I’m not saying I do a lot of stupid stuff or anything but at this point, I almost always do an aircut after repositioning.

A permanent mold?

Sorry to see that. Bet you will file this away in your memory, and it will be a while before it happens again. Machining has costly errors.

My first attempt at a stamp was not reversed. It’s a rite of passage with any machine!

2 Likes

At least it was only a cheap piece of linoleum when we did it. That probably cost more than $1.

2 Likes

OK it’s obvious a fix had to be made but it works…

And this time took a much closer look at the preview of the gcode on the console… yep it’s above and to the left of the WCS origin point…

5 Likes

I still get that happening on SLA prints where it’s not really on the plate :slightly_smiling_face:

New tech just comes with new ways to make mistakes :grin: And then you swear you’ll not do that again.

Until the next time.

Glad you got it sorted out and it wasn’t a machine or software issue.

2 Likes

Just the software between my ears…

3 Likes

Turn it off and back on again…

3 Likes

A fine glass of Teelings small batch is attempting to do just that…

2 Likes

Googled Teelings - looks good!

We took a tour with our kids while my daughter was working in Dublin.

6 Likes

I want to visit Laphroig one day…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.