Oh my goodness! Stuck On Centering!

Hi

We replace the black cable today, we have followed all of Glowforge instructions, we still have the same issue, no movement. What are the next steps?

Karen

Support will probably ask for pictures of all the connections, You could post those here and save one back-and-forth with them.

Just to satisfy myself, I would - with the machine off gently move the camera directly under the lid camera and turn it on. See if anything changes.

2 Likes

Hi They have already had Picture via email :slight_smile:

1 Like

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I could give you a Big kiss right now, It frigging worked :slight_smile: Doing a HAPPY Dance! Thank you so so much for your help.

4 Likes

:crazy_face:! Excellent!

1 Like

So how do the back cables break? We are pretty careful with our machine.

I think the biggest reason is opening the lid too far, and too often so to damage what passes for wires that are very delicate, as well as the connections. I have just replaced mine as well and can easily imagine damaging the new one getting it in place. So even if you have just replace one that could still be the problem. Only Support could tell for sure,

I could only guess.
There are those like me who avoid opening the lid all the way. Some who have had the problem are gunshy and just move the material through the front door. I open mine about 3/4 of the way.

1 Like

@kabbs10476, I’m glad to hear you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!