Not a problem you have to fix…this is some well deserved feedback.
I was taking a stab at my first major passthrough project - there are multiple lines that have to meet up exactly or it isn’t going to work, and the sizing also has to be exact within a mm.
I spent a heck of a lot of time coming up with a method to get things to align, set it up and started processing the interior cuts. Everything was running along perfectly - until one of those sudden Texas thunderstorms popped up.
Nothing more panic inducing - the likelihood of power failure runs about 80% and I’d only gotten the first and half of the second of the triple pass cut. So I rushed the third cut and didn’t align the last one quite right. It was off by a mm. I decided I could shift the material just a hair and recut it, I set it up, sent the job to print…and the power cut out the first time.
We have a Generac, so it came back on in a few seconds - long enough to cancel that print and wait for a bit. The unit recalibrated. I waited a little longer, and sure enough - power switched back on and recalibrated. Then I think it went off again and switched - recalibrated. Came back on - recalibrated.
I don’t know how many times it switched on and off over the next ten minutes or so - I’d gone out to the garage to check on some things, but eventually it settled down long enough for me to actually queue up the print and run it. It worked. Just as the fan was doing it’s final blow out, we lost power again.
Holy moly that was some spectacular engineering! I thought the print was toast. My hat’s off to you guys…big thank you to the engineering team.