Okay, getting mad, "Cooling Down"

It should be noted HEPA filters on this scale were usually designed to remove allergens and pollutants in normal living/working environments. The one used here may be modified for better longevity with larger particles, but for the price, you can’t expect a miracle.

1 Like

Jessica,

You mentioned that you mostly cut wood. I have found, not by experience with the compact filter, but by reading about problems that others have. My pro model was doing and acting as yours has. I now have a unit that works perfectly after doing the following.

The exhaust outlet on the GF has this useless safety grid that I will be cutting out on the next cleaning, it will restrict flow up to 40% when clean.

I installed 200 cfm, inline fan. (About $60 on amazon).

VIVOHOME 4 Inch 188 CFM Black Round Exhaust Inline Duct Fan with Variable Speed Controller for Indoor Garden Ventilation Amazon.com

Also, I use reinforced vinyl clear hose so I can see how dirty my flow is

FULTON 4" x 10’ Ultra Flex Clear-Vue Heavy Duty PVC Hose - MADE IN USA!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Y1WTT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_m7EVDbMC6KFE4

I am working on a filter box (made on glowforge) that may take care of some particulates.

Until then, get the fan and hose, clean the exhaust, put it all together and vent to the outside.
You will see a BIG improvement.
The compact filter is great for anything OTHER than wood. A wood “pre-filter” would have been nice, or even a disclaimer saying how the filter is useless after about 6 or so hours cutting on wood.
Good luck, feel free to contact me if you have more questions.
Jose

4 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.