One-off, freestyle laser guitar

Lol. Had no idea how to name this post! Hardest thing I’ve ever attempted. With or without a laser!! This machine amazes me daily…

83 Likes

Great project and build pics. Guitar looks amazing!

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s been a painful journey!

3 Likes

Soooo beautiful. I would love to hear the music this produces.

3 Likes

WOW! That’s gorgeous! How does it sound?

This one, and the laser made ukulele, are the two projects so far that I’ve said “That’s so cool…I don’t think I can even wrap my mind around making that!”

4 Likes

The fact that you were able to design this is amazing enough. The fact that you actually built it is even more amazing!

4 Likes

Stringing it tonight!! We shall see…

2 Likes

It’s almost done!!! Had to make it as I went. Too many parts to try and design first. It has to be very tight and strong.

3 Likes

Wow! Impressive, intricate and slick!

2 Likes

Brilliant. Great job!

3 Likes

just… Wow!!

2 Likes

That looks absolutely great! And I interpret ‘painful’ as having to make each part at least three times!

2 Likes

Not each… but definetly quite a few.

2 Likes

giphjkhy

6 Likes

What an amazing piece! Great idea to put a steel truss rod in there—I guess you are putting steel strings on it? Can’t wait for the action video/sound file!

1 Like

This is just a totally fantastic project. I can see why you have not posted in a while, you have been busy.

Totally Amazing Guitar!

I started wandering the Cigar Box Guitar rabbit hole as a tourist and Imagined what a serious Glowforger might be able to do with the concept but you have added many wrinkles well beyond my imagining! :guitar::heart_eyes::guitar:

2 Likes

The pain is the price for all that you learned, so it’s actually a reward for the struggle.
Nice work! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very cool! Nice to see a thriving luthier community here.

1 Like

Make sure that you post some sample music so that we know how it sounds.

1 Like