Oops, I did it again!

430x241
Back when Brittany sang this (before she went stark raving mad) she just have been talking about making stamps on her Glowforge!

My wife needed a stamp, and on the last stamp blank I had, I came out very nice. and then of course I tried to test it out after cleaning the gunk off with 99.9% IPA and realized ugh, forgot to reverse it AGAIN!!! All off to Inventables to order more Linoleum blanks…

39 Likes

Hopefully one day soon we’ll have a badge for that. (You might get the first one, but it won’t be the only one…I forgot to mirror the post holes on the first carousel iteration.) :sunglasses::+1:

9 Likes

That turned out great!(Besides the backwards problem :grin:) They have Linoleum stamp blanks like that at Hobby Lobby. If there is one close to you, then you can get it faster.

5 Likes

Maybe the QR code for linoleum and other stamping materials should automatically pop up a message asking if you remembered to reverse text?!

11 Likes

That would be genius.

4 Likes

First one on the proposed badges thread — because so many of us need it so often. (I just forgot to reverse all three plates for a three-color print. :roll_eyes::unamused:)

7 Likes

I think she should just use it as is. It will either make folks scratch their heads, or you’ll be able to tell that they really aren’t paying attention.

4 Likes

Reminds me of a really funny offset printing error a friend made ~30 years ago: her sign said “Alcohol doesn’t cause prodlems, people do”

6 Likes

I wouldn’t waste an oz. of my India Pale Ale cleaning an engraving!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

haha. One advantage of having an SLA printer is that you buy pure anhydrous IPA by the gallon…

2 Likes

Is there a benefit to using the linoleum stamps vs rubber ones? Is one material more durable than the other, or does one engrave better than the other?

2 Likes

I think linoleum is harder, provides a crisper demarcation between the surface and the void and the image doesn’t deform under “extra” pressure, making it more reliable to align colors if you are printing with different color plates, for example.

2 Likes

Yeah, that front desk staff doesn’t need help with either of those…

1 Like

At least I’m not the only one :slight_smile: Maybe if the paper is thin enough, you can stamp the back side?

1 Like

hahaha - or tell them to read off a mirror reflection…

1 Like

Has anyone tried using something like this Mounted Linoleum Block and used the :glowforge: to both engrave the (reversed!) design AND cut around the stamp?

How’d it work out?

Yeah, but this is the second time!