Open Book Box

Fabulous!!

3 Likes

Just terrific! I think that is one of the most unique boxes I have seen on this forum! Just when you think things are getting stale you see something like this! Boooom! Fantastic!

5 Likes

Great job! I like how much dimension you got with a few living hinges like on the spine

4 Likes

Omg this is amazing? How did you make this? I just got my machine but I haven’t unboxed it yet. I’m trying to first make room to figure out where to place mine. I’m super excited! I bought a book at the dollar store because I wanted to make something like this but more of a home decor type book instead of a storage book box thing.

6 Likes

That is fabulous!

3 Likes

Thank you for such a warm compliment! There’s a learning curve to it, but Autodesk Fusion 360 is my go-to for drawing 3D builds like this

2 Likes

Good to know! We have two 3D printers and I’ve been looking into a software that’s easier for me and my family to understand to make 3D designs to 3D print. Now I know there’s a software that can be used with the glow forge. I just got mine but haven’t unboxed it. I’m trying to organize and clean up my craft room to make room and space for this massive machine. I’m extremely excited about using it. Thank you for the information though!

2 Likes

I love the “I’m not sure why I did this” projects. Nice work!

5 Likes

This is such a wonderful project! I’m a huge book lover. Love the hinge and the color of the cover, Fabulous work!

3 Likes

I absolutely love this design and would happily pay for it if you ever decide to sell it.

3 Likes

Just to be sure - the :glowforge: has a UI with basic design function (like resizing and the like) but beyond that it’ll work with whatever design program(s) you want. As long as they’ll export to .pdf or .svg (or a few others) you’re good to go. The walk-through instructions use Inkscape, but that’s because it’s free and works on both Mac and PC, not because it’s required.

4 Likes

Very Noice !!!

1 Like

Super Nifty!

2 Likes

Super creative. Neat idea.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve used Inkscape but only for my cricut. Haven’t delved into the software deeper. I might do that for the glowforge.

1 Like