Opening the back cable clips

My printer head was not focusing/calibrating upon turning on the glowforge. Camera was not turning on as well. Contacted glowforge support and they said to replace the back lid cable. Glowforge sent me a new cable with no instructions for replacing. Looking at the back lid cable clips, they seem very delicate and do not want to damage them. How do I open the back lid cable clips?

Hope it fixes your issue.

5 Likes

I replaced the back lid cable and made sure the while line on the cable is parallel with the clips and then locked into place. Plugged the glow forge back in and the printer head did focus and calibrate. Now the camera will not show an image of the print bed. I refreshed the print bed and it still shows a back screen? What next…?

I have not done this, and I am only another user like you. Does your machine show online?

Oh man, I’m sorry! Didn’t mean to come off rude. Just under the gun at the moment…
So I actually got the camera to work! I opened the lid put some material in the print bed, allowed it to refocus. BOOM, it worked. Thanks for the help dude!!

I am so glad you got it to work, and no, you weren’t rude.

I’m thinking the black crumb tray was the reason why I was getting a black screen. I’m a dumb@#$!

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.