Orange Button. Too Cold?

HELP.
MY BRAND NEW GLOWFORGE IS NOT WORKING. We have had this maybe a week now. When I turn it on it immediately gives me this orange button. And in the app says the machine is too cold. This a a pro model.

I have tried power on/off and restarting programs. The Glowforge starts up makes a quick fan sound then the light turns orange.

You’re going to need to determine the actual temperature of the machine - put a thermometer inside or use something like an IR probe.

I keep my home around 62ÂşF in winter, operates without issue (specs say 60-81Âş).

Couple of other things you can check (besides the temperature) while you’re waiting for support to chime in:

• Turn the machine off, carefully disconnect the white ribbon cable.

• Press the little tab before gently pulling back on the black connector.

Examine the pins inside…make sure that none are bent or broken. (Take a photo if you see anything amiss and post it here for support to see.)

• Carefully re-insert the white ribbon until it clicks into place, and reseat the head.

Reminder of the process:

1. Attach the Head

As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.

1. Make sure the head slides freely and move it to the center, then back to the home position.

Using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed. Gently slide the head all the way to the left, then right.If it doesn’t slide easily, make sure that the ribbon cable is a simple loop with no twists, as shown.

RibbonCableFlat

• Turn the machine back on and try the Gift of Good Measure print on the sheet of draftboard that is included for testing to see if it works.
1 Like

Thanks Jules.
I have done all of this. It won’t let me try and print anything. Just says too cold and won’t even take a picture of the current material.

I Measured it at 71.8

Do you know how long it takes to get a staff member to help?

Not sure right now…they are mostly working from home under COVID voluntary lockdown in the Seattle area, so there might be fewer coming in to the office right now to deal with customer requests.

Usually within a day, but I’m not sure if weekends count. (They did used to come in on weekends before the lockdown.)

I just can’t say for sure under the current circumstances. Might be a couple days. Might be sooner.

The stated response time is “1 business day” (what you get back if you email)…

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your new Glowforge. I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve sent you information on next steps there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like