Orange light (3 Year Old Machine)

I have a 3 year old GF Plus that recently got the orange light. I’ve always been able to fix it until now. Being 3 years old…all original parts…I went ahead and purchased a new head AND white cable. Got everything reassembled and I’m still getting the Orange Light. Starts, kicks in the exhaust fan, then orange light. The only other thing I can see to replace is the board on the left? I thought maybe it was too cold in the room I had it in. because its in front of the window…so I moved it. It’s 68 in the house but definitely colder in front of the window, no luck. Was hoping for a good old ControlAltDel fix but I’m guessing that’s not a thing! I only have one order left for Christmas, this is my last ditch effort for a fix. I’ve never had very much luck with support but did reach out to them yesterday to find out when the last time my machine had been “connected” but they just told me that it wasn’t reading the head. What is the life span of this machine? Anything else from any guru’s out there?

Is the machine connected to an exhaust hose that runs outside? You could always stick a thermometer inside the machine to see what temp it is. Minimum is 60° F.

4 Likes

Yes, it does exhaust outside, but at the moment, I moved the machine to another room and don’t even have it connected to the exhaust. I have an add on fan that vents outside and has a flap that keeps air from getting in. I’ve taken all precautions and have kept it clean for the most part. I totally didn’t realize how dirty it got on the left side until I opened it up to replace the white cable. I did clean that all up but could THAT board be bad? It was filthy and grimy, I cleaned it with q-tips and 91% isopryl alcohol. I guess my question would be “can that a malfunction in that board cause the orange light?”

1 Like

Reopened it, one of the wires was out of one of the white connectors, since I already had it opened…and have already changed the white cable…i figured I’d get down and dirty. There are only 3 screws holding down that board, so i carefully removed all the cables and pulled out the board. Cleaned that all up. The cable going from the board to the coolant container has a wire out pulled from the white clip connecting to the board. Does anyone carry those? I’m sure I can get a pair of tweezers and pull the little metal thing out and reconnect the wire but I’d rather not get that involved. I’m an old accountant, not an electrician!

1 Like

Buds printing supplies on etsy for the win. Hoping that might be the issue.

4 Likes

The orange light is a hard one since it just means “the signal isn’t getting through” it can be heat, loose wires, disconnected cables, and of course just broken things. It’s unlikely the board has failed, I mean it’s possible but unlikely. That loose wire may very well be it. Fingers crossed the help you got from Bud’s will take care of it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.