Orange light after a few minutes

I was recently given a Glowforge Pro and I went through and cleaned all of the fans and set the machine up but I keep getting an Orange light after a few minutes of use. Im almost certain it isnt heat issue and I have checked the printer head a few times and made sure the pins and ribbon are good. Is there a staff member out there that could check the logs of this machine and see if its a fireware issue or something else?

Thank you!

I think Orange usually means heat. Be sure to check your ambient temperature in the room you house the GF machine. Each model has an upper limit.

1 Like

Ive been running my basic in the same makerspace for a few months without any issues and the previous owner of the Pro claims to have never had any issues before.
Any chance it could be something else other than heat?

Is anything potentially blocking the air intake?

The report that it is heat comes from a sensor through several plugin connections. Any one of those, or the sensor itself, could be glitchy. On top of that the Glowforge may try to run the head fans to cool itself down and on occasion actually make the head hotter, which of course sets off the sensors. If it sits still and runs the fans for more than ten minutes you might try to feel the head to see if it is warm. The first time I saw the problem I near burned myself! If this is the case just turn the machine off for a couple of hours or until the head is cool to the touch.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your Glowforge Pro. I’ve extracted the log files from your unit to review the behavior you noticed while printing.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like