Orange light and a stopped job, what was it?

Hello support,

In the middle of a job the machine stopped with an orange light. This was at about 6:05 PM Pacific time. The browser said than an error occurred and recommended restarting the machine and refreshing the browser. (I see no obvious problems with the head or the white ribbon cable, which have been implicated in other orange lights–but I did not disassemble anything.)

I was able to reboot the machine, reload the web app, and restart the job successfully… but I would like to know what you see in the logs.

Previous info here generally points to the machine overheating, and the job would resume once it cools down despite what the UI says.

Will be good to see what the logs indicate.

I’ve seen overheating and head communications both at fault in other “orange light” posts. I have a Pro, it was 72F, and it had been cutting for 1 minute (after 2 other 1 minute jobs) when it pooped out. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble during one of your recent prints. We extracted the logs to take a closer look, and there may have been an error related to the interlock on the back of your unit. Would you take a picture for me of the interlock on the back of your Glowforge Pro?

If the little metal bar isn’t settled into place the way it is in the picture, press it in and then try your print again.

Thanks for checking. Pic below. I tried pushing the staple in, but it was already well seated.

I was able to complete the print, so this was a one-time thing so far.

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that the issue hasn’t reoccurred!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.