Orange light, no calibration

I last used the forge on March 4th. Today I turned it on and got an orange light for the first time. It is a pro model and the AC was set to 78. I’ve since lowered the AC to 70 and still can’t get it started.

It has been a couple of hours and several restarts. The exhaust fan is spinning and the pump is pumping. I checked the cable on the print head.

Suggestion: It would be helpful if we could monitor things like temp and fan data. If we could see a failing component we could focus on that instead of waving a dead chicken around and imploring the spirits to heal the forge.

4 Likes

That’s quite the imagery!

3 Likes

Whatever it takes. :wink:

Tradition must be observed. :chicken:

I’ve got nothing to offer other than hoping your machine feels better soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unfortunately the cat got the chicken. Back to cycling power…

2 Likes

The condition persisted throughout the weekend. The forge hasn’t been moved or disconnected since it was installed so it should not be any lose cables. I have check the ones that might get hung up on anything and all is good. The fan on the lens head is working as is the exhaust fan.

Is the forum still the preferred way to contact support? I haven’t been following the site as much lately.

There are 3 ways now: Forum, Email, and online chat via the support site. Just be aware that using multiple methods opens multiple support tickets for them to wade through, which I’m sure has some effect on response time, but I wouldn’t blame you too much for trying the chat method, since the dead chicken didn’t work and we haven’t been able to get you back in operation!

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

Where is the chat you mention? I see a leave us a message dialog:

2 Likes

Yeah I just found that. For some reason it wasn’t showing up when I was at the office. I’m in a chat as we spea… type. But I wouldn’t have been able to do anything from the office anyway.

Thanks

2 Likes

Huh. I’d seen “Chat” mentioned a number of times but never went looking. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

Can you take a couple photos for me of the inside of your Glowforge

1. Turn your Glowforge off

2. Remove the crumb tray

3. Take photos of:

• Left Side

• Laser Arm

• Right Side

• Pull the laser arm all the way forward.

• Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:

• Also on the left side, a photo of the little green next to the pump

1. Post those photos here, or email them to us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to take a look.
1 Like

There has to be a better way.

If that doesn’t work, your fastest response is probably to post it here.

Life in the fast lane.

Is it possible to at least get an acknowledgment that someone has seen this?

1 Like

Bueller?
Bueller?

1 Like

Oe @pip:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sometimes when it takes them a while to respond it’s because they’re having to dig deeper to figure out the problem. Sorry you’re having to wait, I know it’s frustrating!

1 Like

Sure but at least a response that they are looking into it would be helpful. I don’t know if anybody has seen the photos. Radio silence does not breed confidence.

2 Likes

I apologize for the delay in our reply. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.