Orange Light/ stopped at beginning of print

I’ve been running the machine all day, but it just stopped in the middle of a part. Not sure what’s going on as it didn’t give me a true error message, just said “Print Stopped” with an orange light. I’d like to be able to continue the print since it’s a lot of wasted material and work otherwise, is that possible?

Cheers
Sean

I opened it with the hope of it fixing, but it was the ribbon cable that had come loose for some reason. If it happens again, I’ll send an email.

1 Like

The orange buttons means that the temperature is too hot. What is your ambient temperature? :sunglasses:

Orange button is for any error, I’ve gotten it for Wi-Fi connection issues and this one was for ribbon disconnect. Ambient temperature is well within range of the machine.

Thanks

2 Likes

Glad you fixed it. Make 100% sure that the cable is laid properly. If it gets twisted up, that can result in the cable pulling loose (or worse, it can get the head stuck, and the laser will continue to fire in a very small area if the cable isn’t pulled loose).

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!