Organize!

Just wondering if Glowforge is working on something to help organize my Dashboard?! I’d love to be able to easily find a previous design instead of scrolling through pages of items…

1 Like

You can easily assume that they are working on it since it is one of the most requested capabilities. You can also be assured that they company never gives information or even hints of new capabilities before they are released. Just the facts.

4 Likes

Oh, it’s never a good idea to assume. I will keep posting until a solution is found, or they state that it cannot be done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it is on that list then they will get to it when they can. Maybe they could have made progress sooner on many things if people didn’t keep reposting. The time to post is when GF ASKS. I am sure this feature is on their list!

An interim solution to help you might be to have a folder (hard drive or cloud) and you can organize all your designs as you like them. It doesn’t take that long to upload if you have a decent connection and you can find them faster because you organized the files as you like them organized.

I think that is what I am going to do; I have all the files on my hard drive (and cloud backup) any way so will organize the finalized designs in a way that makes sense to me. I will then basically have projects I am working on at the moment in the Dashboard along with designs from the catalog. That will speed up the time to find them in the interim.

Note: If they do release a way to organize, it might still not be the way that makes sense to you, or will work with your workflow. ok now you have me motivated to work on my own… :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m sending it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

Thanks for the suggestion as well, @Livein3D , that’s a great idea! I’m going to close this thread. Thanks for letting us know about this!