Original Artwork is being shrunk when loaded to the Glowforge

Having used the same artwork to burn a 4x1.5 square badge with art, I modified the art in the badge and burned 2 badges. They came out smaller! Did I do something wrong? I don’t think I changed the way I have done things since I did the original badge. something new I am seeing in the browser window is a light gray square like image over my my artwork as it is processing to burn.
I’ve not seen that before…or I never noticed

badge%20images|666x500

One thing that might help - create your document size as 20 x 12. It is OK to only have a 4 x 1.5 object in it. You can still move it around in the GF UI after you upload it. This helps to pin the size to something that the GF understands.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. The problem I have is that I have not had this problem before. I used the same setup as other badges. Now I’m seeing shrinkage which I wasn’t expecting. I don’t understand what the issue is. If I don’t get a response form GF I guess I’ll have to do everything all over again.

If you are exporting to SVG, be sure the “responsive” checkbox is unchecked on the SVG export dialog box.

2 Likes

Thank you. That must be the issue. I started using export in AI and I just tried a test and I see it is checked in the dialogue. Truly appreciate the help!

1 Like

I forgot about that option. I always save as PDF from illustrator.

I really appreciate your help! Any reason why you use PDF vs SVG? I am still learning and probably will for a long time!

Ran the file this morning and it worked perfectly. Thank you for taking time to help me!

1 Like

Simply because you don’t have to convert fonts to outlines when engraving. Oh, and I guess there is no responsive checkbox either. :wink:

3 Likes