Orlando Maker Faire 2017

Anyone planning to be at the Orlando Maker Faire this weekend with a Glowforge?

2 Likes

I just received my Glowforge Pro, and will be there. I think it’ll be set up in the Spirit hall, next to e-NABLE. Should be fun!

14 Likes

I can’t wait to see one in real life. I will see you Saturday!

2 Likes

I look forward to meeting! With any luck I’ll have a hacked-together carbon filter, too!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Glowforge Grant Program - let us know if we can help support you there!

12 Likes

Special thanks to Laird for letting me “push the button” today.

1 Like

Thanks for coming by - it was awesome seeing all the Glowforge owners and future owners today! I have say that all the current GF owners seemed very happy with their GFs, which was a blast.

As a side note, I’m running it in a hall with no external venting available, so I’m using an indoor growing carbon filter like https://www.amazon.com/Hydropronic-Inline-Carbon-Filter-Control/dp/B002ZJNW3Q . There’s still some odor, but it’s fine in the large hall - tons of cutting, no complaints.

2 Likes

Wow, interesting. What materials have you been cutting?

Mainly Acrylic (clear, black, white, flourescent orange) and some draft board (wood). The wood smell was nice - reminded people of camping and roasting marshmallows. Acrylic not so nice. Clear and orange and white weren’t so bad, but the black smelled more strongly.