Other lasers? Lets talk!

Now that’s a fun place to browse around in. I got my vent switching adapters there. Did you check out the woods?

1 Like

I’ve had a Trotec Speedy 360 since mid-August. I love the speed and size and the vacuum table is awesome. But the software seems like something a high school kid put together and never improved. You can’t freely rotate things you’re going to be cutting (just 90 degrees clockwise & back again), no resizing, you can’t overlap things for nesting, and the most glaring omission to me…NO UNDO. Oh - and they are on version 11. I REALLY wish it had some sort of a lid camera, and their filter - which cost more than my GF - stinks up my garage really badly. (their tech is working on that though)

Needless to say, my GF still gets plenty of use and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

That machine is enormous compared to the size of the door, which I assume is similar to the size of the bed. (zooms in on pic) It’s a 12x20 bed and comes with the chiller and compressor. Hmm.

That’s because the door is sized to the bed but the machine is sized to the tube.

On the GF, those are the same width (basically). But GF has a custom tube. A standard grade 45W CO2 laser tube is 1M (39.4") long. So, almost twice as long as a 20" bed. The space on the right & left in this machine is for power supply and the mirror optics needed to get the laser beam from the back of the machine to the traveling head.

IIRC, it’s been speculated that GF did a lot of things to avoid having to put the GF in a crate for shipping. and the custom tube and resultant smaller footprint are part of that.

2 Likes

Hey, one way my Glowforge has spoiled me that I didn’t know about until just now.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.