Our FIRST 2 WEEKS with our NEW GLOWFORGE PRO

one option to isolate the wifi connection to your router is to try to connect to your phone as a hotspot, if that’s an option for you. if it works fine on your phone but not on wifi, then there’s an issue w/your GF connecting to wifi.

and that doesn’t mean your wifi router itself is the issue. IMNSVHO, the GF wifi can be a limiting factor. even when anything else literally right next to your GF works fine, your GF can still have issues. and it can be very frustrating. we’ve seen this issue with a not-insignificant number of users over the past 4+ years.

3 Likes

I got the auto-response and then I was emailed by Danielle on 5/13/2022 and I sent her the pics and description of issues etc.

Then I got this last night and got really worried

So I replied saying YES I NEED help , Danielle never responded back

1 Like

Definitely sounds like they’re having an issue getting your emails which would explain the delayed response!
If you have another email address you could try responding from there, or try the phone support so you can tell them that you did respond but it doesn’t look like they’re receiving it.

1 Like

when you look at it, does the black bar lean down a bit or is it aligned with the print head?

how can that be, I emailed them, they auto-responded and then I was emailed by a tech so they had to have gotten my email to open the ticket right?

1 Like

It is as level as the head.

1 Like

It looks like your printhead is not installed correctly.

1 Like

yes, this. the head looks like it’s tilted up. i’m guessing the black bar is probably level and the head is off-level, but it’s hard to tell from the photo. it would be much harder to somehow get that bar off level than the head.

1 Like

the bar is leaning down and the print head is perfectly straight, took the print head off and reseated it and it’s fine

Can you share a photo similar to this showing the printhead as well as the carriage plate?

2 Likes

1 Like

Just spoke with support, they were NEVER getting my emails, they said the logs indicate a bad print head and are shipping me a new one, so hopefully problem solved, we shall see!

10 Likes

Great to hear. That sounds like the right diagnosis to me as well, so a new print head will get you back up and running. Since the tech support is sometimes less than thorough, bookmark this page for when the part reaches you. There’s a “printer head setup” process you have to run through when replacing the print head with a new one:

7 Likes

I may be completely wrong, but this there something metal (ball bearing?) stuck to the magnet?

2 Likes

that’s probably the metal dimple below the magnet (well, next to it, but below it from this orientation).

3 Likes

that’s what it is

1 Like

Yes, I was searching for better photos (I’m not near my machine) it looks like there is a dimple for indexing.

1 Like

Sorry. Yep, I should have done better and, looked closer at other photos.

1 Like

Its all good, for a moment I was hoping you found the problem, lol, then I looked and was like aww, hopefully the new print head they send me will do the job,

1 Like

Just curious and the time is wrong, but have they discontinued chat support during office hours?
When I had problems I caught them during office hours on the support page chat and we typed to a solution within a half hour or so.

1 Like