Our Gf

The GF is stuck in a centering mode, is there anyway to resolve?

That’s most often a WiFi glitch. Can you shut down, reboot your router/modem and try again?

If nothing there, have you cleaned the logo on the top of the head as well as all the lenses? It needs to see that to complete the centering…but try the WiFi thing first

Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you hit a snag.

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Additionally, can you make sure the lid camera lens is clean? Simply wipe it with a Zeiss wipe, then place a piece of Proofgrade in the bed and see if it is able to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.